Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Kawaii International Submission


On Oct 1, Japan time, I submitted my first entry into a Kawaii International Fashion Show Off contest. This show is targeted at the internationally cute, and done in English & subtitled. They usually have special fashion star guests, such as my Idol, Misako Aoki. It's a useful resource for novice and amateur fashion followers alike.

Originally, I first wanted to submit to their Cosplay Fashion Show Off contest. The theme was how you incorporate Cosplay into everyday fashion. But ran out of time to put on the outfit and take photographs. Here's my idea:

Sketchy, ne?
My Cosplay theme was... you guessed it, Hello Kitty! There would have been Kitty all over, as well as Hello Nekomimi if I had time to sew them. The colour pallete represents Old School Hello kitty, Royal Blue and Bright Red.

This time around, the theme was Hime Gyaru: show off your Prince or Princess fashion. Again I ran out of time to do the outfit I wanted:
 
Bare minimum sketch
 I had laid out the outfit, and head accessories, but last weekend was just too busy. (Will write about the weekend soon.)

Although I felt very ill with a big headache that night, I still wanted to try, so instead I submitted these three shots from my Putumayo Tea Party post:


My theme was The Lil' Prince Punk. His story goes that he's a charming, mischievous brat, who likes to spend his time decorated and sipping tea rather than in his kingdoms' affairs. But he's smart, so his people still love and trust him. He will Punish you with Cute. Ganbatte~>

No comments:

Post a Comment