Saturday, June 29, 2013

Chvrches Concert at Solano Beach!!

This was the day I saw Chvrches! They are a Scottish electric pop band. Their sound is very upbeat, I highly recommend you check them out.

Since their L.A. concert was sold out, we headed to Solano Beach. We decided to spend the day at the beach before the concert.

Parking was a short Nightmare. There was not only a Festival de Sol at the same time, but also a weekly Farmer's Market that lasts most of the day. After we finally found a spot, we headed over for some lunch.


This is a Pistachio Gelato Pop. Quite good.



This Organic Buckwheat mushroom crepe was also good. My first time trying a buckwheat crepe.



After our light repast, we headed over to grab the tickets at Will-Call.


After securing the tickets, we walked over to check out the Solano Beach beach.
I brought some red shoes for photos.



It was a beautiful day. Bright.


Dress: Hangry & Angry
Roses: Black Peace Now
Flip flops: Old Navy
Bag: Juicy Couture

This was some sort of Sandy Cliff, and slightly slippery.


Since it was the beach, I decided to take some swimsuit shots. Unfortunately, some creeper decided to whip out his cell phone and take some, too. ( I know it's legal, but it's rude and bordering harassment. Next time it happens I'll ask them to stop, and wait till they leave.)

The Beach, what do people do at the beach...

Hmm...I don't know what other people do....

But I say, Conquer the Sea!

Serious Pose. There was a Lady who said, "Ah, how cute." ( So it is possible to compliment someone and not harass.) But in general, I don't let Fear of Harassment get in the way of doing what I want, what makes me happy.


Bikini: Old Navy

After the beach and before the concert, we got some dinner.


The restaurant is actually owned by Belly Up, where the concert was to be. So we finished eating, and kind of walked into the venue the back way.


I bought a Chvrches shirt. (Check back for Photos later.)

I got my first (and last) concert drink. It was a strong Lemon Drop and the bartender said I could have as many Cherries as I wanted. ( I just didn't want the drink to overflow...)


Still Corners was their opening act.


Chvrches! They are as good Live as on their records.


After their performance, they walked off stage, but the fans kept clapping, so they came back soon after for one more song! I saw front row fans ripping off the Set Lists on the floor as mementos.


Also, I liked her dress. (Wonder where it's from.)


I hope to catch them again, in Nov when they come back round the States.

Thanks for reading! 
Who is your favorite band, that you'd love to see in a small venue? How do you spend the day before a concert? As usual, any comments or suggestions are welcome in the Comments Box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment