Thursday, July 11, 2013

L.A. Day 1

For my vacation in Los Angeles, I planned my outfits meticulously because:
  1. I wanted a cute vacation.
  2. I wanted to pack light (as possible...)
So to maintain objective #2 I re-used a few items in some outfits. ( See if you can tell in the ensuing posts.)

This is a Hello Kitty bandeau style bikini I bought from Hot Topics. In Hulk-like fashion, I broke the original plastic hook which holds the top together. I used the straps to tie the back for now.


Comfortable and adjustable. You get Kitty on your frontside and backside, but somewhat subtle. There are tiny black polka dots on the red bikini.

♫ She wore an itsy bitsy teeny tiny, polka dot bikini ♪ The polka dots are rather small...

I'm more comfortable wearing swimsuits instead of conventional underwear when it's hot out, and it was hot out.

Overall, I have the Badtzbadtz Maru suspender skirt from Japan LA x Sanrio, as well as their Hello Kitty leggings. Both are way more In-Yo-Face then the bikini. The legging pattern is reminiscent of bacteria growing, as my friend M would say. Obviously I've got a bad case of the Hello Kitties...


We went for a walk along Manhattan Beach. No clouds. People giggled and smiled at my outfit.


A bicyclist riding by shouted 'Instagram~' Funniest heckle, also I lack instagram...


Overalls & Leggings: Japan LA x Sanrio
Bikini: Hot Topics
Flip Flops: Simple Shoes
Bag: Juicy Couture

We walked to the Pier and at the end of the pier there's a small aquarium and snack bar. I toted this fleece Hello Kitty blanket in case it was cold on the way back. ( Blog from when I got the blanket.)


Pretty Beach

Batdz face!

I tied the outfit together with Pops of Red. What do you think? What kind of outfits do you like to wear at the beach? Feel free to Comment in the Box below!

Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. Love your pics looks like a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a relaxing and sunny time. Can't wait to go back.

      Delete
  2. Lovely! I very much enjoy the Badtzmaru suspender skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them. It makes me happy when people Smile at them. ^_^

      Delete
  3. That outfit is so cute! Perfect Sanrio-themed beach look. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you so much, Cerceaux! I have plenty of Sanrio items, so look forward to more outfits. ^_^

      Delete