Friday, November 23, 2012

Angelic Pretty San Francisco 2nd Anniversary Tea Party with Maki & Asuka~>

Since I missed the First Anniversary party, I was most excited to attend the Second Anniversary Tea Party of San Francisco's Angelic Pretty! Mari and I traveled together, so we snapped some shots during bus stops.




The fluffy ears are my favorite!


Hair & Make: Me
Cutsew, Dress, Bags, Shoes, Wrist Cuffs, Pin: Angelic Pretty
Star pin: Minty Mix
Cinnamaroll: Sanrio's Cinnamon Magazine
Bells: Craft store


We arrived at the 12th floor of The Westin, a beautiful, old hotel facing Union Square. Perfect for Lolita Parties!



Beautiful windowed walkway



Aimee & Crystal


Courtney


I couldn't resist, she looks perfect in Sepia!


Sign in table, and numbered hearts for lottery and voting.



The fashion show ensues.


Marshmallow Bunny print!

Models

Yuri announced free time, we could mingle and ask the Designers questions.

Everyone looks like a model, anyways.

Of course, I go for the food!





My first round, of many. All the food was delicious, as was the drink.


This tote will totally be useful for toting cupcakes home!


So much cute, so little time

Giovanna, Beary cute

I love the Ginger Bear.

Jeannette

Same skirt, different style.


Ivy Frozen, very nice use of Leopard print in lolita.


The room's ceiling was neat.



Elizabeth was my Best Dressed Choice, so pretty!



Eats.


Tiffany eats, too.


Surprisingly, May was there! And I met Maiko, both sweet ladies.



Mingle, mingle


I might have a crush on Asuka, she's so cool!

Asuka~<3 Serious.

Both Asuka & Maki are wearing as yet unreleased prints!


Maki!

The Fabulous Prize table


Yuri announcing Cupcake Time!

Beautiful smile

Special cupcakes for us.



omgwtfcupcakes

My heart is full of Kyun.





Mari won a Horoscope skirt and socks! Congratulations.


Those did not win a Fabulous prize still received this postcard.


Lovely lolitas, lined.

Twinsing photos



Maki's signing Tiffany's card


Shop girl photos


We loudly said 'Ooo' after looking at this selca...


Group photos mark the end of many lolita parties. We split into three groups. There are better photos on the Professional's camera.


I was so lucky to get a photo with both Maki & Asuka.



There is a high quality professional gallery of the event at Ronald Nelson Photography! Thank you so much Ronald, it was nice to meet you too.

My favorite shot of his:

 _RJN8313
Photograph by Ronald Nelson


 _RJN8527
Photograph by Ronald Nelson

 _RJN8361
Photograph by Ronald Nelson

 _RJN8550
Photograph by Ronald Nelson

The coolest thing Ronald Nelson did is the Group Merge!

 Joins
Photograph by Ronald Nelson

The party was over too soon. Most of the lolitas walked back to the shop for special shopping time. Some ladies waited to see Asuka & Maki one last time.


Random shots on the way home.



Tiffany gave me the Jang Keun-suk 장근석 passport covers after the party. I need to travel soon, so I can see his beautiful face.


 Thanks, Tiffany!



Every lolita received a memento, a photo book of Angelic Pretty postcards.



The postcard we received


Maki & Asuka's Sign



Thank you for joining me in the wonderful memories of Angelic Pretty San Francisco 2nd Anniversary party. Hopefully we will adventure deeper down the rabbit hole~>

I'd love to hear your thoughts! Please comment below.



4 comments:

  1. Just got all caught up on all your blog posts! Thanks for the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I was wondering if there was more of a direct way for me to contact you? I remember seeing this event when I was preoccupied with a star trek convention and I wanted to know more about it. I was wondering if there is an online site that helped set this up or how you got to know about it? For my senior project (two years away,) I want to film a documentary on "Angelic Pretty" and the people who spend their money and dress in these elaborately cute outfits and I was hoping to find out if there is going to be another of these event sometime?
    My heart is set on doing a small documentary about bringing this Japanese culture to America.
    My email is bethanythealien@gmail.com
    if you could maybe/want to contact me about the event, events in the future (anything like this) that would be fantastic!
    ~Fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Fish,

      This event was hosted by the Angelic Pretty shop of San Francisco. They announce events on their website: http://www.angelicpretty-usa.com/ and their FB: https://www.facebook.com/angelicprettyusa

      Sometimes they collaborate with conventions and hold events there also, but all their events are announced on their website.

      If you want to contact the Lolitas themselves are there is a Bay Area Lolita's FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/SFlolita/?fref=ts

      There are usually groups all over, just need to look for them. If you want to document Angelic Pretty specifically, I recommend contacting the Manager of the San Francisco Shop.

      I'm sorry I didn't see your comment for so long!

      Also, there is "Baby, that Stars Shine Bright" another brand in San Francisco, if you are interested in them.

      Page: http://baby-aatp.blogspot.com/
      FB: https://www.facebook.com/bssbusa?fref=ts

      I hope that helps! Hope to meet you soon.

      Delete