Monday, June 3, 2013

Fanime 2013 Day 1: Kimono and hNaoto Fashion show

In terms of fashion for Day 1 of Fanime, I had the opportunity to wear a friend's Helly Kitty Yukata! 


In reality, most of the day I was in Cosplay as Kooh, but since this is a Fashion blog, I will focus on the Fashion of the day.




I was whisked away to take part in a Casual Tea Time, dress up in Yukata and practice making Maccha.

I knew from Anime and friends that to make Maccha for Real Tea Ceremony you had to whisk it really fast, until it froths. I had never tried to do it. It requires a loose wrist and endurance.


Yukata is a Warm weather, casual kimono.


Hello Kitty is hidden in the pattern.

<3 hairpins

Usually, even for casual yukata, people have geta, or traditional wooden soled thong sandals.

Socks, cause I had no geta.


The bow is pre-tied and separate from the obi. This sort of obi is easy for beginners at yukata.


I served the Tea and Sweets, and then hid in the kitchen. 
The sweets served with the maccha were from a shop in San Francisco.


(Check back for a link to Food Blog)

After the Casual Tea Time, I met up with friends for dinner.


(Check back for a link to Food Blog)

After dinner, I rushed to the hNaoto Panel. The panelist gave a basic description of hNaoto and all the brands it encompasses, answered questions and attempted to show some videos. (Technical difficulties though.)
And throughout, models would showcase different sub-brands' outfits, once they changed.

I was tired before the hNaoto Panel, so most of my shots are blurry.
Here are the most decent ones.


Hangry & Angry


Sixh Ibi's line called Nine.


I really like the Sixh poncho!

I'm sorry I don't have more good photos.

Although the fashion show was somewhat casual, it was quite instructional for those who are curious about hNaoto and what the brand entails. Also, the models walked right in front of you, and you could get up-close looks at the clothing. Of course, at any convention where there is an hNaoto booth you can get an up-close look at the clothes and the salespeople are quite friendly and helpful!

Thanks for reading. There are still a few days of Fanime 2013 outfits, so please check back.


No comments:

Post a Comment