Friday, October 5, 2012

Nighto with Naoto

Last Monday, my brother, I and friends spent quality time with Hirooka Naoto, the creator and designer of hNAOTO. He was in San Francisco for a few hours after a week in Atlanta for AWA convention. Obviously, I was excited to see him, but it was 'hisashiburi,' it had been a while, since he was in SF. The SF Naoto shop, in New People building, held a miniature party in the evening. As usual they showcased the newest items, and buying $100+ gets an autographed photograph with Naoto-san. (Sometimes I refer to Naoto-san as Father Na because Na Otousan sounds similar.)

President of New People, Inc. & Naoto-san. Photograph: Raymond W. Doan

The evening began with a drive down to San Francisco. Amazingly we did not encounter much traffic although we drove between 4-5:30pm. But we passed 2 remnants of accidents as well as another huge just-happened accident. The police car and ambulance were trying to get past full lanes on the Bay Bridge. I tried to move right, but there was no where to go. I still remember years ago, we were stuck on the Bay Bridge with some terrible traffic wondering what was the matter. We passed by a smoked-out totally burnt, still-burning white van. It was awful.

Moving on, we arrived at Japantown ~5:30, and went to use the facilities. I had to pin in my headdress, and adjust my outfit. Met up with Crystal M. to have dinner before heading over to the Naoto party. (There was food at the party though!) We ate at Kushi Sushi.

More details on food blog.
Around 7pm, we headed to the facilities, again, and then to the Naoto shop. There were many familiar faces there, and I got caught up in chatting with friends and friend-clerks alike. Father Na came over, waved, and said, "Hi, Cupkeiki." Inside I Kya-ed. Outside I waved enthusiastically. As usual I checked out all the new items in the shop. There were many.

Dokuro-tions~> Photograph: Raymond W. Doan

Beautiful hat, Gramm?
Yes, Father Na himself often shops with you, like a good shop boy.

Photograph: Raymond W. Doan
My Outfit:
Hairpiece and Cardigan: Me
Hair bow: Dolldelight
Handbag: gouK
Dress: Frill
Scrunchie: Gramm
Necklaces: Frill, Hangry & Angry
Stockings: Forever 21
Shoes: Payless


Then went to the snack area:

Halloween all month~>

Father Na was commenting on his designs as I looked at the newest rack. He showed us this pair of long bloomers that I thought looked like Cool, Old-fahioned, Wallpaper. Father Na said they are Pierrot pants. I want them, but limited myself to one item, and there was one I wanted more....

Kassy the Sweetheart! Photograph: Raymond W. Doan

I've been wanting something of the print ever since I saw this photograph. (Indeed the Macaron Madness really started with this dress.) The wanting happened again after seeing it in the Gramm & Frill Fashion show photos. I finally got it because Father Na pointed out the details, which caused me to like it even more.

Photograph: Raymond W. Doan

Father Na pointed out that this Cake part has a Drip. (I laughed...it was a white drip...putting the h in hNAOTO.) But I love dripping designs, from melty chocolate, to blood and milk. This pattern has so many things I love on it.

Paper Packaging
Naoto Stickering

Posting about First Outfit with Skirt soon!

Shot of Father Na's autograph and photo we took:

It's a Tsang-wich! Brother, Naoto-san, Me.
Thanks to San Francisco Naoto staff for sending this!

Seems too Naked.
I Microsoft PowerPointed the photos together.
Cover

Candy prize with purchase:


Sibling photos:

Default look
Happy look.

Friendly photos:

Mei & I
Iris!!!! Lovable shop girl. Cupcake-grahammed, a.k.a. ghetto cell cam + edit

Thank goodness Raymond has real cameras. Photograph: Raymond W. Doan
LOL, height order. Photograph: Raymond W. Doan
Hangry & Angry! Photograph: Raymond W. Doan

Later in the night, we played some games for prizes. Red Light/Green Light, which I haven't played since grade school, and Ro Sham Bo. Funny that our objective was to reach and touch Naoto-san. Red Light/Green Light was especially hard because Father Na's good at quickly turning around, and wiggling his butt. He also put mannequin obstacles in during the 2nd round. The first round, my brother won. His Prizes:

Our Prizes
Same as first 3 posters of his I ever bought and he signed.

The second round, Mei R. won. She got a make-up bag with removable mirror, as well as a poster and keychain.


I won the first round of Ro Sham Bo, and got these:

Interesting words on bag.
It's a clothing bag!
Angry looks Hardo Gayish~>

And finally we took group pictures of course!

Naoto-san has antlers with his smoldering look. Photograph: Ben Lam
Photograph: Raymond W. Doan

Farewell, Naoto-san. Otsukaresamadeshita!

Thanks for sharing this adventure with me, hope you enjoyed.

Bonus #1! Peek at Crystal's place.

Blur is a Puppy.
Crystal holds him for Close-up.
Cool toilet that recycles handsink water for flushing!!!

Bonus #2! The next morning, I opened a limited edition Pirates of the Caribbean toothbrush!

Brush you Black Pearls~>
Arg, love Pirates!

2 comments:

  1. Father Na? That was so cute!!! And I heard from my friend Ying that Naoto-san was good at wiggling his butt! I am so jelly of you guys right now! TAT

    Glad you guys had fun~ <3 And thanks for the updates~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ying is correct, Naoto-san is very good at wiggling his butt. Wish you could come! Could meet you in person too.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete