Sunday, December 2, 2012

J-Pop Festival 2011: hNaoto Fashion show & contest, etc

This blog will cover hNaoto related events during J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco Japantown 2011. My reason for attending was of course, fashion! I was excited to see hNaoto's fashion show that Heralded the opening of the San Francisco hNAOTO shop~>

Naoto-san & I

Got more excited when I saw this at Cinema Cafe that morning.



Latte art by Cinema Cafe.

 
The Festival schedule.



My outfit while attending Saturday's events.


Tea cup earring! I want them~>


These photos were taken by my Brother and me. Mostly my brother since I was simultaneously in the Baby, the Stars Shine Bright fashion contest.

The show was held on the 3rd floor of New People Building, fitting since that's their Art floor.


Naoto-san himself was there for the weekend. He MC-ed the show, and described his work. That was a rare treat, for a fashion show. First he showed his Frill line.


Ashu-ninnin! Ash is a great model and friend. She works a lot with Naoto-san, even in Japan. She's also great at doing Hair and Make, so her daily outfits are awesome too.



Kassy, a future friend and hNaoto shop girl.




Next Naoto-san brings out his Punk stuff.


Kelsey looks comfy here. Also a future friend, and we'd model in gouK show together.


And here's where Ashu-ninnin got her nin-kname. Naoto-san was showing off the various ways you can wear his clothes, "including this...Yappari, ninja daiyo!" (Afterall, it's ninja!)






Nao transitioning into more GothGoth style.




I was also glad that the show was so well lit.

That evening there was a VIP party, and they had lots of food and drinks, including soju and sushi.


Photograph by Collins Lo


I attended with my friend Felicity but saw many others there.

Photograph by Dave Golden

Photograph by Dave Golden

Top & Bottom: Honey & Melt
Bag: Frill
Cuffs: Chantilly
Wallet: Hello Kitty
Black rose: BPN
Nekolace: Hangry & Angry

Photograph by Raymond William Doan

 Tiff! Her outfit was so cute, Black and Silver.

Photograph by Collins Lo

Photograph by Collins Lo

Yaz-san and Naoto-san!

Photograph by Collins Lo

The next day, Sunday there was a Question and Answer session in the morning, and an hNaoto Fashion contest in the afternoon. So most contestants who attended the Q & A were already in competition outfits.

Lolita friend before Q & A session. Photograph by Tiff

Snapshot of Q & A session!

Shots by Great Photographers of the hNaoto Fashion contest.

This is a nice shot of my outfit by Dave Golden. I'm carrying Cinnamon with me because he's actually the inspiration for this outfit. A fuwafuwa fluffy light lolita.

Photograph by Dave Golden

William Lee got a great pose while I was on stage. You can see whole outfit, including the Gigantic bow I made out of special hNaoto fabric.

Photograph by William Lee

Photograph by William Lee

I might be holding out my cuff for the audience to see, otherwise...


Photograph by Dave Golden

Terrence Taylor captures Ashley's joy as she wins the Grand Prize! Her outfit was totally Sixh-y.

Photograph by Terrence Taylor

Cute dress! I won a Special Prize (was not part of the original prizes). It was a Frill purse.

Photograph by Dave Golden

 Shots taken after the contest.
 
Photograph by Dave Golden

Photograph by Terrence Taylor

This is at the shop after the contest.

 
The strawberry Naoto-san has on his keychain was part of my outfit earlier, but I presented it to him as a gift. I made it and since strawberries are sometimes part of the Frill motif, it was berry fitting.

Hair & Make: Me
Hat, Dress, Bag: Frill
Cuffs: Angelic Pretty & Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Ring: Minty Mix
Stickers: Hello Kitty
Bag charms: Sentimental Circus & Hangry & Angry
Boots, Pink rose: Baby, the Stars Shine Bright
Stockings: H & M
Bunny: Gift from Manli
Nekolace: Mint Neko
White rose: Handmade

So Normal

Eh...

Seeking Fashion, arrr~>

Food and drinks after the end of a Long Festival Weekend!


I can hardly beer it.

2 comments: