Wednesday, December 18, 2013

He-who-shall-not-be-named's Birthday Weekend 2013: Fashion, Beer and Ramen

This post features two outfits and items from my sponsor PipStarPop! PipStarPop's items range from Sweet to Elegant. They match well with Gyaru & Lolita styles, or for a bit of Decor in everyday wear.


Both outfits are relatively simple, comfortable, and fun. The first outfit I will show is a super casual Gyaru outfit. It is super casual because it incorporates a t-shirt and no make-up. The second outfit I lovingly call Grandma-style Gyaru, obaachan-gyaru, because the vintage-inspired dress looks matronly.



Top: Uniqlo x Laduree
Skort: Liz Lisa
Shoes: Baby the Stars Shine Bright (ribbon added)
Hair band and Clips: PipStarPop

The Liz Lisa skirt is part of a haul, I have yet to show, so check back for the Haul Blog!

The hairband is quite elegant, with purple pearls and a pink rose. The hair clips are alligator-style and quite strong for the heaviest hair. You can get a whole set here. Or the two I am wearing here and here.




Here's a back view of my Swirly hair.


And I'm trying out different poses...


I wanted my beer to match, cheers!


And onto the Grandma-Gyaru style. It's hard to see, but there are tiny Giraffes and blue flowers all over. (See here. ) So, I matched the tights and hair clips to the spots of blue. And the brown shoes match both outfits, lessens the packing and lugging. Platformed flat shoes are easy on the feet.


Dress: Modcloth 
Tights: Fairytale Boutique Anniversary tights
Shoes: Baby the Stars Shine Bright
Hair band and Clip: PipStarPop  clip available here
Purse: Liz Lisa x My Melody Mook

This hairband is extra elegant, due to it's layered filigree metalwork and I especially like how there is filigree overlay on the blue jewel.
( Click on photos, and they will enlarge. )


Just a Hair out of place. We went out for Birthday Ramen. This soda was surprisingly not too sweet. 



I often rely on selfies for this blog. But when I have a camera person, I practice posing. Selfies are easier in that I can see as I pose.


Am I doing it right?


Thank you for reading! Do you have any packing tricks? Do you like piecing together outfits from various styles of fashion? Please share in the Comments Box below.




2 comments:

  1. hahahah loved the last pic, so funny! Thanks for sharing this *-* Have never heard of this store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for enjoying! PipStarPop has a website an Etsy and Facebook, but she has tons more items she sells at Convention booths! Her next convention is SacAnime (http://www.sacconventions.com/)

      Unless you meant the other shops my clothes are from?

      Delete