Thursday, December 13, 2012

Anime Expo 2012 and Misako Aoki!

This was my second time at AX and I was pleasantly surprised; they had several Fashion Guests. I bought the tickets a year before, gambling on a good show. 

I missed the first couple of days due to work, so here is my Day 1.


Mostly the outfit is Baby, the Stars Shine Bright, and their collaboration with Gloomy.

Exceptions
Socks: Angelic Pretty
Scrunchie: Gramm
Shoe ribbons: Walmart
Bracelet: Gift from Laurel E.
Hair, nails, make up: Me

My previous more Over the top Version of this coordinate went to Kintoki con, but I needed more comfort since AX requires much more walking; it's huge.


Sad lolita.


Sepia lolita

Insepiation: IN SEPIA verSION

The big event of this day was the Lolita Tea Party, starring Misako Aoki! She's a popular Lolita model who works for many brands and is also a nurse. So well rounded, my idol.

I was waiting for the Lolita Tea Party, so I practiced Selca.


My brother attended the Tea Party with me.


Top: hNaoto Blood
Bloomers: Miho Matsuda
Shoes: Florsheim

The Tea Party had many sweets and both tea and Starbucks coffee. At conventions, I need coffee 10x more than daily.


As you can see, the Lolita Tea Party was popular outside of Lolitas too.



Lovely Ashley sat with us. I had fun seeing her at AX, it's great how fashion brings us together.


Prizes dangling above the Rockets of Coffee

Anne also partied with us. I normally enjoy her presence at conventions too, and again, fashion brings us together. She was wearing a neat Flamingo Dress, but I don't have a photo of it.

Misako-san came to each table and took group photographs with us.


Later there were Pair games, whoever found the other person with matching number got a prize. Also random prizes based on marked cards on the table.

Everyone got an Angelic Pretty poster at the end. (I will update with a poster photograph, check in soon.) As always the party was over too soon, but we were full of drink and sweets, as well as Eye Candy.

Back in the con there were many cosplayers. Walking through a hall, I happened to recognize his Hibird and asked for a photo, so cute. He's from the anime/manga Reborn.


I headed to the Exhibitor's hall where I met with Andrew. We got boba and walked the hall.


 Mine was lychee and pineapple. I liked the smoothie, but the boba itself was super sweet.


The Next Day...


I hope you enjoyed my memories as much as I did. Thanks for reading.

Brought to you by the Strength of Free Flickr account, and linking each photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment