Thursday, December 13, 2012

Anime Expo 2012 and My Idol, Misako Aoki! Take 2, and Action.

The morning of my Day 2, I grabbed some quick food. The motel we stayed at had free coffee and doughnut breakfast. The coffee was surprisingly decent, and the doughnuts were fresh, sweet. My cupcake for the day is pictured also. I made the cupcake portion, and the top black and white rose is formed from an hNaoto bandanna which came in a magazine. I added some Hangry & Angry charms and safety pins.


That morning I rushed to get Misako Aoki's autograph at the Angelic Pretty/Harajuku Hearts booth. Misako-san also models for Putumayo, which she is wearing pictured below. 

At the booth, the shopgirl, Yuri, said that in Japan Putumayo recently had a Tea Party with Misako-san as a guest. Film of the Putumayo fashion show from AM2 was shown to the lolita attendees. Yuri pointed out to Misako-san that I was part of that Putumayo show, and then Misako-san said I had 'Attained Kawaii.' (Internal, Kya!) I thanked her profusely. 

Idol Blessings, such a lovely way to start a Conventional morning.

For her to sign on, I purchased a postcard calendar she made for 2012 from the booth. Although the year was almost done, the photographic cards are easily re-usable. (Photos coming soon.)



We were allowed to take photos with her, too.


Cupcake: Handmade with hNaoto rose, Hangry & Angry charms
Black roses: Black Peace Now
Scrunchie: Gramm
Bunny Cuffs: Angelic Pretty
Black Cuffs: Chantilly
Pocket watch: Gift from M-ko
Dress: Frill
Stockings: Holley Tea Time
Shoes: Payless
Hair, nails, makeup: Me


My dress that day was  Frill by hNaoto. Misako-san also models for Frill.

Soon after the autograph session, I went to the Fashion Show hall. There were several designers showcasing their work. I didn't get photographs of everything, due to poor lighting and terrible cameramenship.


Misako-san was hosting the show as well as Johnny Choo.

That Dress


There was an opening musical act. She's only 12 years old.


This is Cyril the designer of Dolldelight.


Dolldelight model


It was hard to take photographs, but I tried again for the last show, Kapibarisan fashion. I wanted to show a friend who loves Kapibara.



A future friend, that I recently met at the Angelic Pretty 2nd Anniversary line.



After the show, I also lined up for another autograph session of Misako Aoki. Here I purchased both Misako's book and a poster. She signed both (I just had to get in line a 2nd time.) Photos of those items soon.



She personalized the signature.


So happy that day, photographed twice with Misako-san in two different outfits. This is a Baby, the Stars Shine Bright dream dress. There are gorgeous little sparkling gems throughout.

Pink & Black

At AX this year, there were also many food trucks. I'd heard about Flavored Snow from friends and their photographs, it's popular in the Bay Area recently, but this was my first time trying it.

Cute graphics

Red bean, mochi, condensed milk on maccha snow. It was good.



For dinner, we went to O Dae San. It's a Korean BBQ restaurant that Andrew recommended. What he didn't mention was that all the servers are handsome men of all ages, and nice aunties. It was like eating at a host bar.


We ordered the Premium All-You-Can-Eat bbq, which included a huge variety of meat and side dishes, for only 16.99! It's cheaper than Bay area, and the quality was unbelievable. This place has ruined me for other Kbbq.


Drink Responsibly

Eventually, I will post about it in my Food Blog.

Now that our spirits were higher than ever, we head back to con for some final fun of the day. Arcade room.


Holley Tea Time tights

That's a Tight Shot.

Let's ParaPara!



Just Beat it.

How to party the night away.

♪♫ That Drink is a Monsteeeeer. ♪♫

Hope you had Fun Fun, Fashion Baby with me, on my 2nd day at AX.

The Last day...

No comments:

Post a Comment