Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Year's Eve 2013 in Catalina!

For New Year's Eve 2013, we went to Catalina Island for my first time!


And we rode a ferry, because it's an island.


On the boat ride over, we entered some misterious fog that created a blurry rainbow which followed the boat. Later, I saw a few dolphins and tried dolphin calling, and suddenly the rest of the pod surfaced. 


Shirt: KyaryPamyuPamyu x Mameshiba
Leggings: Japan L.A. x Hello Kitty
Socks: from Japan L.A.
Shoes: Y.R.U.
Jacket: Watarirouka 7
Purse: Loungefly x Sanrio
Hairbow: PipStarPop

Yeah, bird poo everywhere, means plenty of animals and fish.


Attempted photo of a Garibaldi. Cute, golden fish, just going with the flow and guarding their den.


The Xmas tree was still up, yay.


And got my fingers on this palm tree.


He-who-shall-not-be-named heard a lady point out my pants to a girl behind me. The little girl said, "Awwwwesoooooome," low and gruntingly. Hello Kitten.


We saw millions of fish, like the sea boiling as they jumped. There were pelicans, blue crabs, sea lions, and more dolphins. And most wondrous of all, we saw a Whale! Its barnacled back and water spout, the closest I've ever seen one to the shore. I started singing "Whale of a Tale" afterwards.

This sweet shop made me want cotton candy, taffy, caramel apples and old fashioned licorice. ( Which makes me think of Linden.)




Hungry from all the nature watching, we went in.


Dressed for the fest.


Strawberry lemonade.



Chowdah.


We rented electric bicycles and rode round the island.



Ribbit.


Maybe this one's a prince.


This was good, except Dreyer's Spumoni isn't spectacular, waffle was good.




A bright end to 2013.


Thanks for reading through 2013! I hope your year was bright and new, too. Please feel free to share what you did New Year's Eve, or anything in the Comments Box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment