Thursday, November 29, 2012

Weekend in San Francisco

♪♫ San Francisco, open your Golden Gates, please let no Stranger Wait outside your door. ♪♫

Last month, I spent a weekend touring San Francisco with friends. Although I was born and raised there, I had new fun.

Tomatoes I packed for the ride.


Hairstyle for the day.


Shot during the drive to the Bay.

 

Before San Francisco, we headed to San Jose, to visit some family and have lunch with Anma. 




The food was good, although a bit pricey.



Shoe-shi

They had a giant fish tank, it's like fish torture, living in a sushi restaurant.


Took advantage of their giant mirror in the restroom. That day I wore Chocohana:



Hair & Make: Me
Dress: Liz Lisa
Shoes: Steve Madden
Scrunchie: Gramm

Anma gave us some Filipino candy.



Saturday night, we went to Jazz Festival at the Herbst Theater. It's the first jazz concert I've ever been to. It was much louder than I expected.

Killing time in Macy's before the show.


The Jazz Festival actually runs about a month, and features many different artists.


After the show, we headed downtown for a drink and snack. They also had live music. It was an evening full of friends, fun & music.


Creme brulee!


Eventually, there will be more details on my food blog.

It was rather late by the time we left the place, well past midnight.

♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫~♪♫

The next morning, we headed to Fisherman's Wharf. Along the way I took a shot of my cell charm that matched my outfit of the day.


 We walked along the shops to get souvenirs for my friend's daughters.

Neon hot pants

Looks wrong...

Along the way I saw this neat graffiti shack, and took some quick shots.






Shirt: Disney
Disco ball shirt: Random shop in Hong Kong
Skirt: Walmart Hello Kitty
Socks: Alice & the Pirates
Shoes: Steve Madden

My outfit that day was Sparkling and Simple. I was a walking Disco Ball. Little tourist girls would stare at me as they walked by.

Gulls getting free crab all day

We ate at Alioto's, where I tried my first Dungeoness Crab Louie salad.





More details on my food blog.




Lunch took a while, so we were about ready to head home, when two things happened. We walked by a Sicilian church blessing, with float and dressed up girls.


The dresses were quite impressive, full skirts, with giant tiaras. After listening to the blessings for the boats and church, we walked on. But not far, we decided to go for a One Hour Bay Boat tour. Before boarding, we grabbed some Starbucks.

Map deco at *$s



My purse matches the lifesaver.



*kira kira*

Frothy






The Golden Gate Bridge.




I'm on a Boat!

I'd never been on a small boat or under the Golden Gate Bridge in the daytime. It was fun getting splashed by filthy bay water. I could feel the salt pickling me. We saw the South Korean team practicing for the America Cup 2013, and I got my first good look at Alcatraz.


## Warning to visitors, there are not many toilets, even in cafes along Fisherman's Wharf. So if you eat at a restaurant, make sure to use it. ##

Walked into a Sweets store on the way back to parking.




 

I want to use the Marshmellow pop as a prop in shoots.


On the way home, I took some departing shots of the Golden Gate Bridge.




See you soon, San Francisco.

At the gassy stop, some kids were horsing around with McDonald's Drive Thru.




And I thought San Francisco was weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment